a. In addition to the purposes outlined under Division 1 of these Design Standards, the purpose of these Standards is to ensure the development of a sanitary sewer system which will:
1) Implement Sewer Master Plan in conjunction with City Engineer
2) be of adequate design to carry the expected flow, within the design life, and at sufficient depth to serve all adjacent properties;
3) have sufficient grade to maintain a minimum velocity of two (2) feet per second when flowing full;
4) have sufficient structural strength to withstand all external loads which may be imposed;
5) be of materials resistant to both corrosion and erosion with a target design life of 75 years;
6) be economical and safe to build and maintain;
7) prevent infiltration and inflow of ground and surface waters.
8) meet all design requirements of the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ).
b. Alternate materials and methods will be considered for approval on the basis of these objectives.
c. Any alternate much meet or exceed the minimum requirements set for in these Design Standards